Sunday, September 17, 2017

Siblings Weekend

This weekend was Ohio Northern University's (ONU) "Siblings Weekend." My brother, mother and  best friend all made the four-hour drive to come see me. I was especially happy to see my best friend Monique; I have not seen her since the day before I left for ONU. She stayed the night in my room and we sat and talked until midnight. Nearly two hours after we went to bed, the fire alarm sounded. If I had not woken Monique up, she more than likely would have slept through the alarm. Luckily it was just a false alarm and we soon went back into the dorms.

While my brother was here, he was constantly mistaken for a college student, even though he is a freshman in high school. While at the Harvest and Herb Festival in Ada, Ohio, military recruiters thought he was a college student and tried to recruit him. He also met one of my professors who also thought he was a student here at ONU. It was a fun and interesting weekend with him here. Sadly the fun could not last forever; after we ate brunch on Affinity Lawn, they headed home. I cannot wait to see my family again when I head home in a few weeks for fall break.

Until next time,
Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment