Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Measure What Matters Chapter 13

I would like to discuss the new book we are reading in class, specifically Chapter 13. The book is titled "Measure What Matters" by Katie Paine. Chapter 13 is titled "Measurement For Nonprofits."

The thing that I found to be interesting while reading Chapter 13 was a little section titled "Measuring Behavioral Change." There I learned that member behavior can take many forms: renewals, donations, web traffic, e-mail responses, phone calls, attendance, votes, and so on. Though measuring someone's behavioral change is a big job, you have to keep track of them on a monthly basis. After that, you need to compare the data results to your media activity and ideally to the attitude research. You should then be able to see correlations between activities in the media, communications with your membership, and behavioral outcomes. When looking at what metrics to test out I thought that Return on investment of a website was an important one. This is because if you are not making a return on your investment than for the most part it is failing financially.

I found the information in this chapter to be useful and I hope you do as well. I encourage you guys to check out this book. Especially if you are interested in learning about the marketing side of social media.
Until next time,
Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment