Sunday, November 5, 2017

My Weekend Home

This past weekend I decided to make the 4-hour drive back home. I was really happy to be having a nice home cooked meal for a change. Saturday morning my grandfather took me and my dog to McDonough Park to take pictures for one of my classes. After we left the park we went to Scotts Landscaping to take a few more photos, and I was really happy with the way one of my photos turned out. Then he took me to Holl's Chocolate, you have not lived until you have eaten Holl's Chocolate. He got me a giant caramel chocolate apple and a box of chocolates. Later on, my mom and grandmother took me shopping for clothes. Sunday was probably the best day of all. My mom ordered my favorite pizza from Pizza Hut and my family came over to have lunch with me before I left to go back to school. The drive home was probably the worst part of my weekend. Not only did I miss my family, but I drove through a huge storm. Honestly, it was nothing I could not handle I have driven through far worse conditions. What really freaked me out was the fact that there was apparently a tornado touchdown while I was driving through the storm. But I never once heard an alert on my radio.

Overall, I had a really great weekend at home. I still miss my family terribly, but I know that they will always be there to support me.

Until next time,
Kaitlyn

2 comments:

  1. It's always great being back home. It sounds like you had a blast! I can't wait to go home in December

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love going home, spending time with my family is one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete