Monday, October 2, 2017

Art Gallery

This past Friday, my design class went to the Stambaugh Art Gallery in the Freed Center and there we hung up our most recent project. This project was to create environmental-themed posters for each letter of the alphabet. The two letters I received were A and R, and the subjects I chose for those two letters were agal blooms and rainforest logging.

An agal bloom is a rapid increase or accumulation in population of algae in freshwater or marine water systems. Agal blooms have severe impacts on human health, aquatic ecosystems and the economy.

Rainforest logging is the process of cutting down hundreds and thousands of trees that are essential to the rainforest. Trees provide oxygen and are part of the water cycle. Without trees, the forest would become a dry wasteland leaving hundreds of species without homes and oxygen.



Be sure to go and check out the exhibit!

Until next time,
Kaitlyn




1 comment:

  1. The design on rainforest logging is so cool! That's a really awesome way to have a message in your designs. I've seen these kinds of designs before and they always amaze me when I do.

    ReplyDelete